Thursday, June 28, 2007

Scarred People Are Beautiful

a re-post from my friendster blog.
this is for my chat buddy "twistedlink".

buddy, read this and i hope this piece will inspire you to never give up and just continue falling in love.

I speak:

I’ve seen a number of movies lately, Lord, like Romeo and Juliet.
The love of young people… at least in these movies is beautiful…so simple, so total, so uncomplicated.
They seem so natural, so free in their emotions, so clear in their feelings.
I wish I could be like that, Lord.
But I can’t be.
I’ve been hurt, Lord.
I have trusted and been betrayed at times.
I have loved and received nothing in return.
I have tried to care and failed…often.
I have shared my secrets and heard them whispered to others.
I’ve been through it, Lord.
I’ve fallen on my face.
I’ve banged my shins.
I’ve been bruised.
Look, Lord, I’m all covered with scars.

The LORD speaks:

Maybe you haven’t understood enough.
Maybe you haven’t learned that human life is like that.
All saints are scarred.
Young love isn’t the highest form of human love.
The greatest love comes from scarred people.
I know many people stop loving so they won’t be hurt again.
But those who do start over again who continue in spite of all who leave themselves open to the possibility of hurt again...
These people are able to love in a deeper way, a more understanding way, a richer way.

I respond:

I think I know what you mean, Lord.
I’ve met people like that…and knowing them gives me courage.
The great people are those who continue to love with all their scars.
I like scarred people, Lord.
They are beautiful.

No comments: