Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pil-oh Talk

One skill that I can be proud of is that I know how to sew. I know how to use the sewing machine and can create lot of stuffs from sewing dresses to creating my own decorative pillows.

In my abode, I love putting lots of variety pillows on sofa, chairs, floor, or bed because it makes the room both comfortable and relaxing. Need I say that I love pillows? A living room without decorative pillows is like food in a plate served without garnishing.


It is easy to make your own pillows but shopping for the right fabrics, forms and pillow insert should be considered. It is important to decide what type of fill you want. Also, fill your pillows luxuriously with best quality feather pillow insert because firmly stuffed pillows gives great loft and spring-back. Feather pillow forms, these pillow forms retain their loft and firmness for years.


The cover for a feather or down pillow is important. Be sure that the cover is tightly woven cotton so that the feathers don't leak out. Make or buy a cover for every pillow you own. This will keep the ticking clean and protect the pillow cover.


Lastly, It's important to clean a pillow regularly. Some feather and down pillows can be washed in a home washer. Others recommend dry cleaning

No comments: