Friday, January 11, 2008

Roses Are Red

In all the flowers in the whole wide world – it is the roses that I love most. I cannot exactly explain why but I feel something magical in roses. Every time I receive flowers especially the red roses, I always feel like falling in love for the nth time. Who wouldn’t be? I love its scent and the touch of its velvety smooth texture. Roses are popular as the flower that symbolizes love. Some colors can take on special meanings and here are the more common:
Red - Love, Respect, Courage
Yellow - Joy, Gladness, Freedom
Pink/Peach - Gratitude, Appreciation, Admiration or Sympathy
White - Reverence, Purity, Secrecy
Two Roses Joined Together - Engagement
Red and White Roses Together - Unity
Last year, my friend Ron of Canada sent me three separate sets of 2 dozen of white, pink and red roses. The excitement that it brought to me – nah, feels like it is killing me. I am so overjoyed. Ron, is such a sweet person indeed.
Valentines Day is fast approaching, if you plan to send your loved ones roses, 1-800-flowers.com has wide assortment of roses not only for Valentines Day but for various occasions all-year round. They are the first online florist to offer a seven-day freshness guarantee.

No comments: